Summer is here and it’s time to crush some corn. This salad couldn’t be easier to make and it is the perfect picnic side or BBQ bowl bite.
- LEVEL: Easy
- Prep: 15 Minutes
- Cook: 5 Minutes
- SERVES: 4 (as a side)
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
for the, Corn
4 fresh corn cobs
10 cherry tomatoes, diced (red & yellow)
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1⁄2 red pepper, diced bell
1 tsbp. peanuts, roughly smashed (dry and unsalted) 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and chopped (optional) 15g coriander, roughly chopped
for the, Dressing
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. soy sauce 1 tsp. mirin
1 tsp. cayenne pepper Sea salt
1. Boil the corn for about 5 mins or until tender. Run under cold water and drain thoroughly. Cut the corn off the cob and put in a large mixing bowl.
2. Using a potato mashed, crush the corn for until lightly smashed.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, spring onion & red pepper and continue to crush for a further 3-5 minutes. Then, stir in the peanuts, avocado and coriander.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Add the dressing to the corn mixture and toss.
5. To serve, transfer the ingredients to a serving bowl and scatter over some extra coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime juice.
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.