I promise this is easier than it sounds! Make it the day before, or as I like to do, a Sunday the week before and have it for whole week! If you cant be arsed or want it that moment, stir some finely chopped herbs into thick greek yoghurt and season.
- LEVEL: Easy
- Prep: 15 Mins (plus 1 -2 days straining)
- Cook: None
- SERVES: 1-2
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
450g goat’s yoghurt
450g greek yoghurt
15g oregano (fresh)
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1 small garlic clove, crushed
100ml olive oil
pinch sea salt
pinch ground black pepper
1. Line a deep bowl with a cheesecloth or muslin (If you don’t have any muslin, line a sieve with a new J-cloth and set it over a bowl).
2. Stir the two yoghurts together with ½ a teaspoon of salt and tip into the cloth. Bring the edges together to form a tight bundle, tie with string and hang over the bowl (or simply tip into the J-cloth lined sieve). Put in the fridge for 24-36 hrs to drain. You should be left with a firmer, soft cheese-like substance. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
2. Place the oregano, parsley, lemon zest, garlic and olive oil into a food processor. Pulse to a fine paste, and add olive oil to ensure a liquid like consistency. Alternatively, finely chop the oregano and parsley and use a pestle and mortar to crush, with the garlic, lemon zest. Transfer to a small bowl and then stir in the olive oil.
4. To serve, season the labneh and spoon over the herb oil.
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.