If you have sauntered through my recipe collection, it is pretty evident that I LOVE a good Middle-Eastern fusion. Zatar, tahini and ras al hanout make everything better. I have to dedicate this lamb medley to my man, the Farmer himself. He made this, albeit not in a taco, on our 2nd date. Love at first bite. Feed me good food and I will love you, feed me great food and I will marry you.
- LEVEL: Easy
- Prep: 10 Mins
- Cook: 40
- SERVES: 6-8
500g lamb mince
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
3 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. chilli powder (ancho preferable)
1 tbsp. zatar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
20g mint, chopped
1 medium green chilli, chopped
60g freekeh, washed
200ml chicken stock
8 flour tortillas
100g goats yoghurt
3 tbsp. lime juice sliced radish, to serve
sea salt (to taste)
ground black pepper (to taste)
1. In a large frying pan, add a glug of olive oil, the red onion and garlic. Cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the onions begin to soften. Then, add the lamb and raise the heat. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the meat. Add the cumin, coriander, chilli powder, zatar, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, green chilli and cook for 20 minutes.
2. Whilst the lamb is cooking, in a medium saucepan, add a 1 tbsp. olive oil and heat for 15-20 seconds. Then, add the washed freekeh and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook the freekeh over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until just cooked.
3. Add the freekeh to the lamb mixture, heat for 2 minutes on a medium heat and stir to combine the ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the goats yoghurt with the lime juice and season. 5. To serve, heat the tortillas and top with the lamb mixture. Garnish with sliced radish and yoghurt.
- Beer, Modelo: £5.50 (sainsburys.co.uk)
- Corn Tortilla, Cool Chile Company: £2.35 (coolchile.co.uk)
- Zatar, Bart: £2.99 (ocado.com)
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.