Sure, toasted pieces of sourdough with juicy bull tomatoes on slathering of ricotta with torn basil sounds more like lunch or possibly an evening appetizer. That said, if you can muster a bacon sarnie at 7am, you will undoubtedly love this fresh, savory Italian breakfast delicacy.
- LEVEL: Easy
- Prep: 8 Mins
- Cook: None
- SERVES: 1-2
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
2 large tomatoes (bull tomato if available)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 thickly sliced piece of sourdough (or rye/any rustic bread)
small bunch basil
pinch sea salt (maldon sea salt if available)
pinch black pepper
small bunch greek basil, to serve (optional)
1. First, toast the bread.
2. Place the tomato on its side, so that the stem faces the left or right and slice into 1cm pieces.
3. Drizzle most of the olive oil over the toast and top with the sliced tomato.
4. Tear the basil and scatter over the tomato (and greek basil if using).
5. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the remaining drops of oil.
6. Serve open faced or place pieces on-top of each other and eat on the go!
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.