In my mind, a perfectly boiled egg is the best start to any day. I know that may offend the vegan brigade, but it’s the bloody truth. Oozing yolk combined with fresh dill, zesty preserved lemons and creamy slices of avocado. Yum. Great for ‘Al Desco’ dining and quick to make in a frantic morning rush.
- LEVEL: Easy
- Prep: 10 Mins
- Cook: 8
- SERVES: 1-2
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
30g baby spinach
15g fresh dill, roughly chopped
1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
1 tsp. pink peppercorns
1 preserved lemons, chopped
100g hot-smoked salmon fillets
2 tbsp. olive oil
2tbsp. lemon juice
1tsp. dijon mustard
1tbsp. capers, roughly chopped
pinch sea salt (to taste)
pinch black pepper (to taste)
1. First, hard-boil the egg. Place the egg into boiling water and simmer for 7 minutes (for an oozy middle) or 8 minutes (for a set yolk). Allow to cool, by running the egg under cold water. Peal and half.
2. In a small bowl toss the spinach, dill, pink peppercorns, preserved lemons and smoked salmon. Use 1tbsp. lemon juice to coat the avocado slices (to avoid browning) and add to the bowl.
3. To make the dressing, whisk together the remaining lemon juice, olive oil, dijon and capers. Season to taste.
4. To serve, place the egg on top of the salad and drizzle over the dressing.
- Round Lunch Box, A Slice of Green: £8.00 (asliceofgreen.co.uk)
- Preserved Lemons, Belazu: £2.85 (ocado.com)
- Tea Towel, Anthropologie: £16.00 (anthropologie.com)
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.