Miso hungry?! Nutty, buttery, slightly sweet and jam packed with Unami, Miso makes a magical base to marinades, dressings, soups or dips.
Now then, sprouts – delicious if done right, disastrous if done wrong. Raw or roasted, coated in a Miso marinade sprouts come alive. Simple, yet flavourful. Crunchy, golden morsels, yes please. The perfect side for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- LEVEL: Easy
- Prep: 6 Mins
- Cook: 30 - 35 Mins
- SERVES: 8 - 12
800g Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
4 tbsp. white miso
2 red chilies, deseeded & chopped
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. ginger, finely chopped (crushed in a press)
4 tbsp. olive oil
sea salt (to taste)
ground pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas 6
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, ginger, miso and vinegar until smooth.
3. In a larger bowl, add the Brussels sprouts, along with the miso mixture and chopped chillies. Toss until the Brussels are evenly coated.
4. Spread the Brussels sprouts out in an even layer in a roasting tin then sprinkle them generously with freshly-cracked black pepper.
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes, removing the pan to toss the Brussels sprouts halfway through, until the Brussels are cooked and charred slightly around the edges. (The loose leaves will be extra crispy — my favourite!)
6. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Season with extra salt* and black pepper if needed. Miso is quite salty so taste first!
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.