Tis’ the season to be tarty, fala la la laaa la la la….full. These Scandi-style gravadlax mini tartlets are surprisingly light and go down a treat! I used a beetroot cured gravadlax, which goes (surprisingly) well with my beetroot schmear. You can make the schmear the day before, which really makes the process super quick! It is also great as a dip with a big pickled cucumber…
- LEVEL: Easy
- Prep: 15 Mins
- Cook: 10-15 Mins
- SERVES: 14 Tartlets
320g puff pastry (ready-rolled puff pastry)
1tbsp. whole milk
300g gravadlax (sliced into strips, 3cm width)
2 tbsp. lemon juice, to garnish
50g of watercress, to garnish
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
300g crème fraiche
40g fresh dill, leaves roughly chopped
250g vacuum-packed beetroot
½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. sea salt, to taste
2tsp. black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan180°C/Gas 6.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a thickness of ½cm.
3. Cut out circles, either with a pastry cutter or saucer as a guide and a sharp knife). Place on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, score a line around the perimeter of the circles, 2 cm from the edge.
5. Mix the eggs with the milk and brush the circles with the egg mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes in batches (approx. 7 tartlets on each tray).
6. Meanwhile, put the beetroot, cumin & a pinch of salt & pepper in a food processor, whizz until smooth.
7. Tip into a large bowl and add, the lemon juice, mustard, crème fraiche and dill (leaving some to garnish). Check seasoning, adjust to taste.
8. Remove the tartlets from the oven.
9. Press down the centre of the pastry circles with your finger.
10. Dollop on the beetroot mixture.
11. Then top with a strip of gravadlax, a squeeze of lemon juice, watercress & a sprinkle of dill.
You must be logged in to add or save recipes to your Pik & Mix.
Please click here to login or create an account.